Sunday 11 November 2018

Review of the day

There was no joy for either of todays tips - and if I’m honest, I was little disappointed with how they ran.

In fairness, they were both risky - I knew that and staked them accordingly.
However, I was expecting better - from Arctic Fire, in particular…

He never really featured at Navan, and whilst it didn’t overly surprise me that Apples Jade proved a class apart from her rivals, I was very hopeful that he might run on to take second.

However, his jumping throughout wasn’t great - and that stopped Denis O’Regan from ever getting him into a challenging position.

I was less disappointed with the run of Tenor Nivernais - because I knew he was particularly risky.

He actually seemed to be making quite a good fist of things, travelling nicely  behind Loose Chips.
However, he then made a mistake at one of the fences in the back straight - and was beaten in a matter of strides.
I expected him to be pulled up - but he plugged on to the finish.

I guess he might improve for the run - but it would be a brave man who supported him to find out !

As for the Mentions, then Kings Walk ran pretty much the race I expected, in the opener.
He performed well to finish third - without ever looking too likely to win.

Springtown Lake regularly looked like getting beat in the novice chase - but he’s clearly got he heart of a lion and just refused to be passed.
With that kind of attitude, he could go a long way.

Finally, both of the runners in the handicap hurdle shaped with some promise - but were eventually caught out, either by fitness or by the ground.
The race felt like a lottery, so it seemed fitting that it was won by a relatively unconsidered 25/1 shot !

TVB

No comments:

Post a Comment