Sunday 25 November 2018

Review of the day

Well, I think that evens up the luck situation for the season !

As I was saying yesterday, I felt that ‘luck’ had generally smiled on us, for the first 3 weeks of the season: but it gave a bit of snarl yesterday, with Spiders Bite and Takingrisks - and things were taken to a whole new level today !   

I thought I’d found a nice angle into the novice hurdle at Navan, as I could see reasons for opposing the front 3 in the market.
And coming to the final hurdle, I was feeling pretty smug, as Choungaya was a couple of lengths clear, with only Magnium looking capable of mounting a challenge.

Choungaya was a bit untidy at the last, and I must admit to doing a little mental calculation, to try and figure out which one I wanted to win, so I knew who to cheer home.
What I didn’t foresee, was them both getting beaten - but somehow, Easy Game came with a run from the last and managed to grind them down in the final few strides.

I was genuinely in shock !
I watch enough racing to know these things happen - but I don’t honestly think I’ve ever had such certain victory snatched away.

To say I felt a little gutted, is a bit of an under-statement !

The days other 2 tips ran in the Troytown - and whilst they ran OK, they never really looked likely to win.
Dounikos did best, but he faded out of things from the home turn.

In truth, it was a race that I’d mis-read, so I can’t have any complaints (just a bit of relief that I kept stakes light).

Spare a thought for Chris’s System bets though…
They had 3 runners in the race - including Mr Diabolo at 66/1 and Grand Partner at 50/1, who finished second and fourth respectively.
The System bets are all ‘win only’, so that was 2 points lost.
It can be a tough game…

As for the days Mentions.
Then unlike the Troytown, I got the handicap hurdle spot on.
Warnaq beat Western Honour, with Share the Honour third.
The tricast paid just over £68 - which is interesting…

I was surprised to see Paloma Blue available at odds against on BF, just before the off in the novice chase - but then less surprised to see him run disappointingly.
It looked to me as if he needed the outing - but there is now a question mark over him.

Finally, Edelpour race a decent race to finish fifth in the handicap hurdle – and his inexperience didn’t seem to be the reason for defeat.
I could have given the winner, Walk to Freedom, half a chance - but it’s not much telling you that now !

His win was part of a good day for Jessie Harrington, who got up a treble.
If Magnium have managed to win, it would have been a 4 timer. 
Just to repeat - it can be a tough game…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment