Sunday 11 November 2018

Review of the day

A couple more winning tips today, consolidated the results from last weekend, and ensured that the season has got off a to a decent start.

I’ve been doing this for long enough now, to know how important a good start is, as it takes away a lot of the pressure and enables me to just follow my instincts…

My instincts told me to put us on Espoir Dallen this morning.

It wasn’t really an option early, as the Irish markets are just too fragile.
However, he drifted through the morning - and issuing around 11:00 didn’t seem a problem.

In the race itself, I always felt he was travelling nicely.
He certainly would have had a battle on his hands, had Saldier not fallen at the last - but I’m far from convinced he was beaten.
Anyway, it was irrelevant as Espoir jumped the flight cleanly and came home alone !

The next tips to run were at Aintree.

I was keen on War Sound (as one or two of you picked up!) - just bit concerned as to why Dickie wasn’t in the saddle.
I was also slightly fearful of a couple of his rivals, and put up Kauto Rico as a saver.

That one only got as far as the first fence - but had been very weak in the pre-race market, so I doubt he would have featured, regardless.

War Sound featured though !
He tanked through the race, and Tom O’Brien had to take a pull, as he loomed up a the second last.

It’s a long old season, but I doubt I’ll tip an easier winner !

The final tips to run were in the Badger Ales chase at Wincanton.
My main fancy for the race was Ramses de Teilee - and he ran well - but looked as if he may have needed the outing.

I also put up El Bandit.
As much as anything, that was because he was trained by Paul Nicholls - and seemed to be the stables best hope.

Whether he was is hard to say - but it was their other fancied runner, Present Man, who came home in front, for the second successive year.
The result won’t say so - but I was nearer to getting the winner than it might have appeared - honestly !

As for the Mentions:
Then they got off the day to a blinding start !
Abolitionist hacked up at Aintree - and was swiftly followed by If you Say Run at Wincanton.

Alas however, that was as good as it got…
Unowhatimeanharry ran a fair race - but either lacked the pace or fitness, to challenge Wholestone; and it was a similar story with Secret Investor, who ran well - but was no match for the ultra slick Bags Groove.
Redicean was a little disappointing in the Elite hurdle - although the market did foretell his struggle…

So another day gone - and not a bad one, after all.

If the poor days can keep on delivering, then it’s going to put some real pressure on when a decent days racing finally does arrive !!

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment